A Little About Me
Hi! I am Kim(berly)
Photography to me is a love story. I love to capture the connections between people, the power of birthing, the softness of new babies, the pure emotion that comes from growing and just being with your family.
Why did I choose birth photography?
Even before the birth of my children I have been drawn to babies and the birth world. I pursued my doula certification in 2013 and during one of my births I was asked to snap a few pictures of the Mom and Dad laboring together. In that moment everything clicked (pun intended) and I knew being behind the camera was where I was meant to be. I absolutely loved capturing them working together and the incredible strength and selflessness that women go through to have babies. Being a birth photographer allows me to capture these moments (big and small) for birthing families and that to me is one of the greatest gift!
Random facts about me!
- I am married to my high school sweet heart.
- I have 2 amazing daughters.
- Journey is my jam!
- I love yoga!
- I have had two c-sections after planning two homebirths.
- I consider myself a foodie, I mean I plan our vacations around food!
- The Office is one of my favorite shows.
- I graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelors in Journalism from the University of Texas at Arlington.
- My husband and I remodel houses.
- I am a lover of corny jokes and puns.
- I love to hike, crochet, and bake in my spare time.
I look forward to getting to know you!!