I was featured recently on Voyage Dallas Magazine talking about my life as a DFW birth photographer. I absolutely love what I do. I love supporting families during one of the most intense and breathtaking moments of their lives and I try to show that through my work.
Newborn lifestyle sessions are so fun! I love how relaxed they are and how to capture the essence of a family! We had so much fun capturing what newborn life was like with Griffyn and his big brother! Thank you for inviting me into your home! <3
When the Medulla family said they were interested in doing a one year session I was so excited! We set a date and made a family day of it! Our daughters played, checked out all of the animals and we had a great time!
It is hard to believe it has been a year since Remy of born! Her birth was so fun to capture, she definitely gave me a run for my money! Happy birthday sweet girl! And congratulations on your first year breastfeeding anniversary!
Newborn lifestyle sessions are a fresh new way to take your newborn pictures. Here are my top five reasons why newborn lifestyle sessions might be right for you!
- The session takes place in the comfort of your own home! In those first few days/ weeks new parents are adjusting to life with their new baby and the stress of getting out of the house can often be overwhelming! Having these sessions in your home allows you to relax and enjoy your new baby!
- The session is all about real life. These sessions are very loosely posed, I really just try to find the best light in your home and shoot there. Everything else just unfolds in front of the camera!
- The session can take place after your baby is 2 weeks old without any trouble. Traditional newborn sessions are best when they are done within the first 10-14 days of life because your baby sleeps deeper and more often. With newborn lifestyle your baby can be 6 weeks old and still get great photographs! You can get great sleepy shots within the first couple of weeks but if you want to wait and get those sweet interactive smiles that is no problem at all!
- The session includes the whole family (both parents, siblings, and even pets if you choose). Newborn lifestyle sessions let you focus on family interactions. Does your older child like to read to the new baby? Do you have a sweet dog that loves to watch over your baby? You can include all of that in your session!
- Herbal Baths! If you didn't get a chance to do any herbal bath after your birth this would be a perfect time to do one! They are so relaxing, healing and they make beautiful pictures!
For more information on Newborn Lifestyle Sessions Click Here
I love capturing new families and the bond they share! I had the pleasure of photographing the beautiful Medulla family again! It's hard to believe Remy is already 7 months old! Check out her birth here. The bond between these sisters is so sweet to watch! And I mean come on what is more beautiful than a mother feeding her baby?!
Dallas / Fort Worth Breastfeeding Photography. Happy one year nursing anniversary Hillary and Jensen!